Monday, October 11, 2010

Meredith's First Kiss


Meredith came home from school today...with a smile as overflowing as my laundry basket. Of course, the second I walked in she was telling me all the details of her school day...in breakneck speed with no breaths.



Today was different, though.



She began by talking about what she had written. Her teacher, Mrs. Hochgraber, had asked them to think about a story they could write which had lots of emotion.



Meredith smiled demurely and continued..."So I wrote about the time I was helping in the 2's/3's class for church. We helped the rambunctious little kids line up and go into the big gym to play on the bounces. Then we had to help them take off their shoes."



Meredith continued on, "I felt this little tugging on my black gouchos. I looked down and there was little blonde haired, blue eyed Aiden."



He very quietly said, "I don't have anybody to play with."



Meredith bent down and looking into Aiden's gorgeous eyes said, "You can play with me?"



Aiden nodded, grabbing Meredith's hand. She kicked off her flip flops and the two of them jumped into the Noah's Ark Bounce. The whole time, they talked and talked and laughed and fell over.



After a little while, it was time to line up to go back to their classroom. Meredith quickly set out napkins while the teacher scooped out the cheese whales. She sat down between the little ones. She looked up as Aiden squeezed in between her and little Gabriella. She smiled at her new found friend. He beamed back.



After snack it was Movie Time! Everyone lay down on the rug to watch Veggie Tales. Aiden found his way to Meredith. Then it happened!



It happened!



Before Meredith even had a clue, Aiden cupped his chubby, dimpled hand around her neck and gave her a kiss!



"So," Meredith said smiling, "I've decided to title my writing..."My First Kiss!"

1 comment:

  1. Now that's a first kiss story I like to hear, sweet Meredith! :)

    ReplyDelete